The plugin handles drag and drop collision events, padding, margin, borders, can determine either overlap or portion outside, and also provides collision-avoidance actions.
Collision and containment settings are hierarchical and extensible, allowing for complex interactions.
The plugin is also available as a jQuery UI plugin.
Here are some key features of "JQuery Collision":
· Calculates collisions between jQuery selectors
· Returns either obstacles that collided, or the overlaps themselves
· Provides the directionality of the collisions
· Can be configured to provide collisions relative to the collider, obstacle, or any selector
· Can be configured to track a collider escaping from a restraint instead of a direct collision
· jQuery 1.5.1 or higher