From the most popular image formats supported are PNG, JPEG and GIF.
GD is commonly used to generate charts, graphics, thumbnails, and most anything else, on the fly.
While not restricted to use on the web, the most common applications of GD involve web site development.
GD is written in C and various binding are available.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Initialize variables in tweenColorTest, fixed cache.
· gdImageFill, multiple segfaults with patterns or invalid arguments.
· gdImageRectangle draws corners twice.
· GIF Output does use the transparent color with truecolor images.
· Multiple security issues in GIF loader.
· gdIimageCopy doen't use the alpha channel.
· Added autogen and and misc configure/makefile.