Fabric.js is not only an interactive object model on top of canvas element, but can also be used as an SVG-to-canvas parser.
Basically, Fabric.js can be used for about any HTML5 canvas manipulation, like live drawing, adding objects, importing SVG images, editing and processing shapes, etc..
Here are some key features of "Fabric.js":
· Unit tested (1050 tests at the moment)
· Modular (~20 small "classes")
· Encapsulated in one object
· No browser sniffing for critical functionality
· Runs under ES5 strict mode
· Runs on a server under Node.js
· Supported browsers
· Firefox 2+
· Safari 3+
· Opera 9.64+
· Chrome (all versions should work)