CAAT can handle any animations, but is best fitted for developing only JS games.
Here are some key features of "CAAT":
· Seamless zero-coding WebGL, HTML5 Canvas and CSS rendering engines.
· Unlimited number of Scenes per Director.
· Unlimited number of Actors and ActorContainers per Scene.
· Hierarchically applied affine transformations (rotations, scales and translations).
· Hierarchically applied alpha composition.
· Unlimited number of timers per Scene.
· Ability to define complex paths for translations applied to Actors and ActorContainers.
· Easing and interpolation functions for affine transformations and alpha transparency application.
· Homogeneous coordinate system. Each contained Actor will receive correct input coordinates on its coordinate system regardless of its parents applied transformations.
· Abstracted input system, from mouse events to keyboard and accelerometer.
· Resource management and preloading.
· Many types of actors supported: Sprites, Shapes, Text, Path, Interpolator, etc.
· Easily extendable framework.
· Performs properly in all major canvas enabled browsers.
· Supports only Internet Explorer version 9 or greater.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Some functions from Matrix objects to Matrix class.
· Capture skeletal animation on-the-fly to an spriteSheet.
· Modification to CAAT.Math.Rectangle . if no parameters in constructor is set to empty.
· CAAT.Foundation.UI.Label dependencies.
· CAAT.Foundation.Actor dependencies.