The plugin does not alter the database's content.
The plugin support regular expressions which makes it possible to do URL replacements, or other more advanced search and replace commands.
Uses: Implementing BBcode (pre configured), replace foul language, easy YouTube insertion (pre configured) etc.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "searchReplace":
· Easily add, edit and delete rules
· Simple search and replace option
· Regular expression search and replace option
· Apply rules to comments, posts or both at once
· Pre installed with BBcode (minus smilies and tables)
· WordPress 2.9.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Checked if it still worked under 3.4.1 (yes), updated version-nr to 1.0, as no major bugs have been found.