WP-United allows webmasters to integrate a WordPress site with a phpBB3-based forum and vice-versa.
Comes as a set of two packages:
1 - WordPress plugin
2 - phpBB3 mod
Each package, after being installed, will communicate with its counterpart and share data between the two systems.
Installation on WordPress:
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Installation on phpBB:
Use the AutoMOD mod installer with phpBB.
Select the mod file, upload it and activate it.
Here are some key features of "WP-United":
· User synchronization
· Fine-grain permissions system
· Embed phpBB3 forum in WP themes
· Embed WP blogs in phpBB3 forums
· WordPress sidebar widgets
· WordPress 3.4.2 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added the option to remove the phpBB style switcher from the nav header bar widget.
· Nicer headers on modified stylesheets.
· Reply counts on latest topics widget.