It adds a message bar on the very top of the website, which the admin can use to promote or notify users about certain actions or changes.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WP-Topbar":
· Enable/disable the topbar without disabling the plugin.
· Enter the amount of time (in milliseconds) for the tobar to appear. Enter 0 for no delay.
· Enter the amount of time (in milliseconds) for the topbar to take to slide down on the page. Enter 0 for no delay.
· Enter the height of the border. Default is 3px.
· Enter the top padding. Default is 8px.
· Enter the bottom padding. Default is 8px.
· Enter the font size. Default is 14px.
· Enter the IDs of the pages and posts that you want the topbar to appear on, separated by commas. The topbar will only be shown on those pages. Leave blank or enter 0 to show the topbar on all pages. e.g. 1,9,39,10
Set the color of the:
· The Bar
· The bottom border of the Bar
· The Message
· The Link
Separate fields for the:
· Link Text
· WordPress 3.2.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Issue where sometimes the HTML link would sometimes not display correctly.
· Added display of database charset/collation to help debug multi-lingual issues.