The plugin offers various sidebar widgets and an advanced admin interface from which to create and edit photo albums.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WP Photo Album Plus":
- Can create various albums that contain photos as well as sub albums at the same time.
- There is no limitation to the number of albums and photos.
- There is no limitation to the nesting depth of sub-albums.
- Full control over the display sizes of the photos.
- Can specify the way the albums are ordered.
- Can specify the way the photos are ordered within the albums, both on a system-wide as well as an per album basis.
- The visitor of your site can run a slideshow from the photos in an album by a single mouseclick.
- The visitor can see an overview of thumbnail images of the photos in album.
- The visitor can browse through the photos in each album you decide to publish.
- Can add a Photo of the day Sidebar Widget that displays a photo which can be changed every hour, day or week.
- Can add a Search Sidebar Widget which enables the visitors to search albums and photos for certain words in names and descriptions.
- Can enable a rating system and a supporting Top Ten Photos Sidebar Widget that can hold a configurable number of high rated photos.
- Apart from the full-size slideshows you can add a Sidebar Widget that displays a mini slideshow.
- There is a General Purpose widget that is a text widget wherein you can use wppa+ script commands.
- Almost all appearance settings can be done in the settings admin page. No php, html or css knowledge is required to customize the appearence of the photo display.
- International language support for static text: Currently included foreign languages files: Dutch, Japanese, French(outdated), Spanish, German.
- Inrernational language support for dynamic text: Album and photo names and descriptions fully support the qTranslate multilanguage rules and have separate edit fields for all qTranslate activated languages.
- If Cloudinary is activated, normal thumbnails and filmstrip thumbnails use the CDN.