The plugin offers various sidebar widgets and an advanced admin interface from which to create and edit photo albums.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WP Photo Album Plus":
· Can create various albums that contain photos as well as sub albums at the same time.
· There is no limitation to the number of albums and photos.
· There is no limitation to the nesting depth of sub-albums.
· Full control over the display sizes of the photos.
· Can specify the way the albums are ordered.
· Can specify the way the photos are ordered within the albums, both on a system-wide as well as an per album basis.
· The visitor of your site can run a slideshow from the photos in an album by a single mouseclick.
· The visitor can see an overview of thumbnail images of the photos in album.
· The visitor can browse through the photos in each album you decide to publish.
· Can add a Photo of the day Sidebar Widget that displays a photo which can be changed every hour, day or week.
· Can add a Search Sidebar Widget which enables the visitors to search albums and photos for certain words in names and descriptions.
· Can enable a rating system and a supporting Top Ten Photos Sidebar Widget that can hold a configurable number of high rated photos.
· Apart from the full-size slideshows you can add a Sidebar Widget that displays a mini slideshow.
· There is a General Purpose widget that is a text widget wherein you can use wppa+ script commands.
· Almost all appearance settings can be done in the settings admin page. No php, html or css knowledge is required to customize the appearence of the photo display.
· International language support for static text: Currently included foreign languages files: Dutch, Japanese, French(outdated), Spanish, German.
· Inrernational language support for dynamic text: Album and photo names and descriptions fully support the qTranslate multilanguage rules and have separate edit fields for all qTranslate activated languages.
· WordPress 3.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New imaginary album type #featured, displays a random selection of featured photos.
· Featured photos widget.