If the user has no rights to access a port of the blog, or he is not logged in, the plugin will show a small excerpt of the post a login and registration form.
If the right credentials are provided, than the user can access the content.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WP-Members":
· Can block posts, pages, both, or none by default
· Can override the default block setting at the individual post/page level
· Login/Registration inline with content rather than the WP login page
· User registration and member information management integrated into a theme
· Sidebar login widget
· Can set fields that will display in the registration form
· Can set fields to be required
· Notify admin of new user registrations
· Hold new registrations for admin approval
· Turn registration off completely (for admins that want to control registrations in some other way)
· Show excerpt on pages/posts for better SEO
· Optional CAPTCHA for registration
· WordPress 3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Closed potential cross site scripting exploit.
· Added nonces to front-side registration.
· Updated nonces in admin form submission.