When a user from Softpedia will enter a blog, there will be a message greeting him stating "welcome Softpedia user [other content]".
This plugin is compatible with WPMU and various WordPress cache plugins, so blog loading speed won't be sacrificed.
Currently the following referrers are installed by default:
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WP Greet Box":
· Show a different greeting message to your visitor depending on the referrer URL. You can add/edit/delete/disable these greeting messages as you choose.
· Beautiful set of icons shipped along with the different default referrers.
· Clickable icon in greeting messages with target=_blank option.
· Greeting messages automatically get inserted into the top of your posts upon activation. There is no need to modify theme files.
· Ability to auto-insert greeting message to the top or bottom of the post.
· Greeting messages can be user closeable or not.
· Ability to detect the visitor's search keywords from major search engines and automatically display related posts under or above the greeting message.
· Show a default greeting message even if the visitor does not match any of your configured referrer URL.
· Cache compatible mode makes use of AJAX to display greeting messages in the frontend. This makes WP Greet Box compatible with other caching plugins (such as WP Super Cache) and WPMU.
· AJAX administrative interface that uses nonce verification to discourage hackers.
· Ability to keep displaying the greeting message until after the user clicks close for the first time. After that, the greeting message will not show up for that user anymore.
· Ability to set a timeout to forget a visitor so we do not keep nagging them with greeting messages.
· Ability to set rules to exclude some referrer URLs from seeing greeting messages. Regular expressions is also supported (but not required!).
· Ultra customizeable greeting message box (with CSS) allowing you to prepend/append HTML around the greeting message box.
· Ability to disable included CSS for manual CSS management.
· Ability to disable included JS for manual JS management.
· Available "greetboxtext" filter for other plugins to modify greeting message before outputting.
· Ability to import and export all WP Greet Box Settings.
· WordPress 2.7 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· No longer showing attribution link by default.
· Changed donation phrasing.