Using a simple short code or WP function, the user can add maps to his posts, pages or template.
The short code is [flexiblemap].
The WP function is flexmap_show_map().
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WP Flexible Map":
· No special Google Maps key is required because it uses the latest stable Google Maps API
· Load map from Google Earth KML file
· Simple shortcode for adding maps to pages/posts
· Supports multiple maps on a page/post
· Specify map by center coordinates
· Map marker doesn't have to be the center of the map
· Optional description for info window
· Optional directions link for info window
· Directions can be dropped into any div element with an ID
· WordPress 3.2.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Can set directions=false and showdirections=true
· Space before colon in fr translation
· Load unminified script if SCRIPT_DEBUG is defined / true
· Clicking directions link sets focus on From: address again
· Bump version of Google Maps API to 3.12