The plugin is perfect for blocking user access while a webmaster makes changes to the site.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Ultimate Maintenance Mode":
· Easy to use interface
· Works with any WordPress theme
· Automatically creates a screenshot of the website
· Custom message
· Returns a 503 HTTP status header so search engines know the site is down
· Allows a developer to work on a site while non logged in visitors see the Mainenance Mode page
· Multi-site support
· Translation ready
· i18n support
· WordPress 3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed duplicate saving notification.
· Update to 3.5.0 compatibility.