Twitter Mentions as Comments 1.5.6
A WordPress plugin that pulls Twitter mentions about a post and embeds them as comments
It can also embed it as a trackback or pingback.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Checks automatically - no need to do a thing
- Option to automatically exclude ReTweets
- Option to store tweets as trackbacks/pingbacks
- Option to specify which posts to check (e.g., 10 most recent posts, all posts, front page only)
- Smart Caching of Tweets and user data - retrieves only what it needs to save on API calls and server load
- Searches for Tweets linking to your blog posts, regardless of the URL shortener used (using Twitter's Search API)
- Pushes Tweets into WordPress's existing comment workflow - notifications, comment moderation, and author whitelists/blacklists work just like any other comment
- Fetches user's real name and profile picture and links directly to the original Tweet
Twitter Mentions as Comments
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Improved compatibility with Twitter API > 1.1.