It frequently queries Twitter on a regular basis and pulls any mention of a blog post, embedding it as a comment in that post.
It can also embed it as a trackback or pingback.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Twitter Mentions as Comments":
· Checks automatically - no need to do a thing
· Option to automatically exclude ReTweets
· Option to store tweets as trackbacks/pingbacks
· Option to specify which posts to check (e.g., 10 most recent posts, all posts, front page only)
· Smart Caching of Tweets and user data - retrieves only what it needs to save on API calls and server load
· Searches for Tweets linking to your blog posts, regardless of the URL shortener used (using Twitter's Search API)
· Pushes Tweets into WordPress's existing comment workflow - notifications, comment moderation, and author whitelists/blacklists work just like any other comment
· Fetches user's real name and profile picture and links directly to the original Tweet
· WordPress 3.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· PHP 5.4 compatibility.