It can add an image CAPTCHA field to the registration, login and comment forms.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Super CAPTCHA":
· Programmed with security as a #1 priority.
· Visual Confirmation CAPTCHA using random text and number strings, or custom word-list for easier reading.
· IP Filtering and cross-linking stopping repeat spammers from attacking your blog automatically.
· One-click mass-spaming from the Logs Admin page.
· Know exactly who is trying to access your site with a comprehensive logs view page.
· Pluggable -- open for other developers to create their own hooks inside the software.
· Verbal (audible) readout of the image that is displayed for those that are visually impared or where the image is greatly obscured from reading that is rendered from the script itself and hard for any bot to "interpret".
· Confirmation box is placed automatically on the login page, and the registration pages.
· Dashboard heads-up display on the blocked attempts to your site.
· Buddypress compatible.
· Fully configurable display and you control where and when the CAPTCHA is displayed by checking a box.
· WordPress 1.5 or higher
· PHP 4.3 or higher
· GD support in PHP
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed the issue causing the get_var error on wordpress installs where it is not the site root.