Sticky posts are marked blog entries which have an extra visibility advantage when it comes to printing the blog loop. By default, they always are shown first before any other entry in the blog loop, above the rest of the content.
The "Sticky Post" plugin allows showing a list of sticky posts anywhere on the site.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Sticky Post":
Free Version Features:
· Sidebar widget
· Customize the number of posts to show
· Show the post thumbnail (or not)
· Show the post's comments number (or not)
· Customize post excerpt settings
· Date format options
· Show intro and outro text
Pro Version Features:
· Show sticky posts from a category, tag or other taxonomy
· Adjust the size of thumbnails
· Use custom images in the case of no thumbnail
· Templated layouts
· Use custom CSS and JS
· Shortcode editor for embedding the styicky post list in pages or posts
· All Free version features
· WordPress 3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· First version.