It adds two fields to comment forms.
One shows a complicated password.
The user must copy or enter that password string in the second field.
Manual spam is possible via an IP address blocklist.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Spam Free WordPress":
· Automatically blocks 100% of automated comment spam
· Local manual spam and ban policy set with local IP address blocklist
· Global manual spam and ban policy set with remote IP address blocklist
· Significantly reduces database load compared to other spam plugins 5, Zero false positives
· Option to strip HTML from comments
· Saves time and money by eliminating the need to empty the comment spam folder
· WordPress 3 or higher
· PHP 4 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Swedish translation added.
· Norwegian translation added.
· Built-in WordPress Nonce security made optional since it breaks on some blog installations.