It aims at replacing the WordPress custom fields.
Simple Fields turns WordPress into an even more powerful Content Management System (CMS).
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Simple Fields":
· Add textboxes, text areas, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdowns, and file browser to the post admin area
· Much easier for the user than regular custom fields
· Group fields together into logical groups. For example combine File + Name + Description into a an Attachments-group.
· Use "repeatable" field groups to add many any amount of field groups to a single post (great for images or attachments!)
· Use drag and drop to change order of added repeatable groups
· Different post types can use different field groups - actually you can even use different field groups even for same post type
· Nice GUI that looks like the rest of WordPress
· WordPress 3.0 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated field extension example with code to notify user that they must have simple fields installed to use the plugin.
· simple_fields_register_post_connector can now accept a string in the post_types argument, if only one post type is to be connected.
· Fixed a problem with the date/timepicker v2 not being se correctly when option "no date" was selected.