Does a lot of things. From preserving whitespace, to multi-line HTML comments, and to HTML 5 support, the plugin enhances the default text editor to allow developers to render content according to their rules and not the WP team's rules.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Preserved HTML Editor Markup":
· Better whitespace controls
· Multi-line HTML comments
· Format drop-down TinyMCE fix
· Use BR tags OR P tags for newlines
· Select which one of the aforementioned to use in posts and pages
· "Fixit" feature to affect previously created content
· Support for HTML5 block anchor tags
· WordPress 3.2.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed 'show_ui' filter for fix custom post type buttons.