A plugin for supporting multilingual content in WordPress, helping developers use the blog/CMS for building international websites
Polylang provides a different approach than the classic WPML interface, easy to get your head around and start using right away.
The plugin currently allows translating any kind of content inside the WordPress system, from posts, to pages, categories, custom post types, etc..
This counts as a good WPML replacement in our eyes.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Any number of languages can be added
- RTL and LTR languages are supported
- Can translate almost anything in the WordPress taxonomy
- Some content is automatically copied and offered for translation right away
- WordPress multi-site support
- Pretty permalinks support
- Language switcher widget
- Users can use different languages for their profiles
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- HTTPS issue
- Stop displaying an error when adding en_US as new language (translation not downloaded)
- Infinite redirect loop on (unattached) attachment links