Pods Framework 2.4.3
A WordPress framework for creating and managing custom content types
This is a GUI for adding and managing custom post types.
Unlike WP custom post types, each content type gets its own database table.
A pod is a named group of data fields.
Built as a WP plugin, pods allow to create custom content types (pods), and add the fields needed to each pod.
Once content types are set up, add items to them. This involves filling out a form with the input fields being the fields created.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Add Pod Pages from within the admin area. Pod Pages support PHP and Wildcard URLs. For example, the Pod Page "events/*" will be the default handler for all pages beginning with "events/". This allows you to have a single page to handle a myriad of different items.
- Add PHP code directly into your WP template files, or wherever else PHP is supported.
- Use shortcode to display lists of Pod items or details of a Pod item within WP Pages or Posts.
- The Pods API allows you to retrieve raw data from and save data to the database.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.4
- New constant PODS_ALLOW_FULL_META for for enabling/disabling get_post_meta( $id ) interaction with Pods (on by default)
- New constant PODS_DISABLE_SHORTCODE_SQL to disable SQL-related parameters in shortcode
- 'pods_admin_media_button' filter to disable the Pods shortcode button in post editor