It basically provides a simple framework for executing conditional code, based on the browser type.
Use cases: send conditional CSS files for Internet Explorer, display different content or custom messages anywhere on the page based on the browser or to swap out Flash for an image for iPhones.
Instructions are provided in the project's README file.
The plugin doesn't come with an administrative interface, it is just a collection of hooks.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "PHP Browser Detection":
· Get all browser information returned in an array.
· Conditional statements to detect each version of Internet Explorer.
· Conditional statements to detect if it is any mobile browser.
· Conditional statements to detect if it is an iPhone.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor code cleanup
· Added tests.php to check all plugin features
· Added additional usage examples to readme.txt
· Deprecated is_ie9() functions in favor is is_ie(9), etc.
· Fixed issue with is_ipod
· Fixed issue with is_mobile