The plugin uses common practices and adds to the default WordPress core security functions.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "MJP Security Tools":
· Rechecks file permissions
· Checks if all directories have an index.html file
· Checks if WP is really up to date
· Removes the WP version number from the visible source code
· Changes the admin username and credentials
· Forces users to choose stronger passwords
· Randomizes database table prefixes
· Find XSS holes in the database
· Detect SSH support
· Limit login attempts per user
· Logs all failed logins
· Logs POST requests
· WordPress 2.8 or higher
· PHP 5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tested in WP 3.3.2
· Link update