To use, the blog has to be public (no localhost installation support) and the user must have a WordPress.com account.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Jetpack by WordPress.com":
· Simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server. Previously provided by WordPress.com Stats.
· The WP.me URL shortener.
· Hovercard popups for commenters via Gravatar.
· Easily embedded media from popular sites like YouTube, Digg, and Vimeo.
· For the Math geeks, a simple way to include beautiful mathematical expressions on your site.
· A widget for displaying recent tweets. Previously provided by Wickett Twitter Widget
· Readers can easily share your posts via email or their favorite social networks. Previously provided by the Sharedaddy WordPress plugin.
· Writing will improve thanks to After the Deadline, an artificial intelligence based spell, style, and grammar checker. Previously provided by the After the Deadline WordPress plugin.
· WordPress 3.2 or higher
· WordPress.com account
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update the method for checking Twitter Timeline widget_id and update coding standards
· Custom CSS: Allow the content width setting to be larger than the theme's content width
· Custom CSS: Fix possible missing argument warning.