Things like the number of users, categories, posts, comments, pages, links, tags, link-categories, words in posts, words in comments and words in pages, are counted.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "GeneralStats":
- Fully optionpage-configurable
- Easy to integrate (ships with widget functionality)
- High performing with caching technology and customizable memory usage
- drag and drop admin menu page
- Clean uninstall
- Collaborates with Sabre on user counts
- Discontinued support for Prototype
- Updated jshashtable to 3.0
- Removed legacy-code -> minimum-version of WordPress necessary is now 3.3
- Removed option ajax_refresh_lib
- Removed deprecated function GeneralStatsComplete()
- Applied PHP 5 constructor in widget
- Tested with PHP 5.4
- Removed PHP closing tag before EOF
- Removed reference sign on function calls