It practically can be used to pull down or push a snapshot of the entire site on to a running WordPress installation.
Very usefull in development, allowing webmasters to develop in localhost and push to the server, and vice versa, pull a site from the server and troubleshoot it locally.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Duplicator":
· Backup all files and database with 1 click
· Clone from one location to another in 3 easy steps
· Create a snapshot of a site at any point in time
· Customer support and much more
· WordPress 3.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for SSL Admin and Login in wp-config
· Support for Cache and Cache Path in wp-config
· Safe Mode check to be very verbose
· Hardened the auto download of the installer file
· Errors with symbolic links when creating a package
· Additional quote checks inside options settings