It allows webmasters to add/embed downloadable files inside a post by pasting the embed code inside the content.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "WordPress Download Manager":
· Control who can access to download
· Password protection
· Download Counter
· control who can user this plugin (author, editor, administrator)
· Custom download link icon
· Custom link label
· shortcode for download link
· jquery popup for download page
· Tinymce button for short-code embed
· Upload Progress Bar
· Multiple Files in single pack
· Access Control for all user roles
· Bandwidth Control
· Bulk Import
· Custom Link Template
· Download Counter and Tracker
· Categories and Category Template
· Custom TinyMce Button
· Remote file url download support
· Download Speed Control
· Add-ons Support
· Payment gateway for selling packages (add-on)
· Order management system (add-on)
· Auto licensing system (add-on)
· Auto update notification (add-on)
· Custom user roles and user specific access controlling (add-on)
· Advanced Tiny-mce button (add-on)
· WordPress 2.0.2 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgraded TinyMCE button feature.
· Added quick add option.