Disqus makes commenting easier and more interactive, while connecting websites and commenters across a thriving discussion community.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "DISQUS Comment System":
· Support for Disqus community widgets
· Connected with a large discussion community
· Increased exposure and readership
· Threaded comments and replies
· Notifications and reply by email
· Subscribe and RSS options
· Aggregated comments and social mentions
· Powerful moderation and admin tools
· Full spam filtering, blacklists and whitelists
· Uses the Disqus API
· Comments indexable by search engines (SEO-friendly)
· Support for importing existing comments
· Auto-sync (backup) of comments with Disqus and WordPress database
· WordPress 2.8 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add filter hook for setting custom Disqus language.
· For WP >= 3.5, use new media uploader.
· Disable internal WordPress commenting if Disqus is enabled.
· Cleaned up installation and configuration flow.
· Added link to WP backup guide in README.
· Fix admin bar comments link.