This plugin introduces special zones across the WP platform where animators and illustrators can post their artwork.
Various themes and options are available.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "ComicPress":
· Clean, easily styled theme
· Choice of 5 page layouts (Standard, 3-Column, Vertical, Vertical 3-Column, Graphic Novel)
· Full comic navigation first, previous, next and last as well as chapter navigation (accesible navigation above the comic)
· 5 archive page templates for displaying your archives (in addition to WordPress native archiving)
· Built-in comic transcription and search
· Comic specific Widgets to customize sidebars
· Support for threaded comments
· Infinite hierarchy storylines* (categorize by volumes and chapters to any depth level)
· WordPress 2.8 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Sleek yet neutral design. Use as is or replace the graphics/colors with your own either partially or completely.
· Choose from one of the 5 base layouts in the theme options. Further define your layout with several settings for customizing layout details. 20 useful Widgets included to add to your WordPress Widget library that can be placed on 13 Widgetized areas in the layout.
· Create menu items and subcategory dropdowns without creating pages. Add author e-mail, search form, RSS link or mini navigation buttons. The menubar is also available as a widget that you can place anywhere in the layout.
· Create a graphic navigation button set or select from the included ones. Complete with full navigation including chapters as well as an archive button, comment button, random comic button and a buy a print button. Provided as a Widget for choice of placement.
· Add a calendar date icon to your posts, or your Gravatar or even a mood icon. Create your own mood icon set to choose from. Control them separately for comic and blog posts.
· Click a post author name or user name to get a bio about them as well as an archive of their posts.
· An automated system for selling prints of your comics. Customize your prices and individual options. Place the button Widget with your comics, or use the button included in the graphic navigation.
· Create content only users you have tagged as members can see on your posts.
· Turn on numbered pagination to get paged navigation. Also works for tags and searches as well as returning the total results count.
· Replace the generic hovertext option (the text that shows up when you hover your comic image) with a character and dialogue balloon.
· Place a wallpaper image thumbnail in the sidebar calendar that can be downloaded in up to 3 sizes. A great monthly offering to fans.
· Create images for each month of the year to show up in your calendar archives. Create a 12 image set to be reused or create a different set for every year.
· A new plugin geared for styling ComicPress. Style your site without changing any of the actual theme files. If you break anything you can easily fall back to the default ComicPress styling. You won't lose your style modifications when upgrading to future releases of the ComicPress theme!
· SWF (Flash) file format support, extended comment code, custom image header, WordPress MU compatible, Plugin Wonderful (Project Wonderful plugin) built-in support, related comics/posts feature, click comic for next comic feature, disable comic on front page (use a thumbnail link), and more.