Minifying these files increases page load speed.
Perfect for large blogs or sites with lots of traffic.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Better WordPress Minify":
· Uses the enqueueing system of WordPress which improves compatibility with other plugins and themes
· Allows you to customize all minify strings
· Offers various way to add a cache buster to your minify string
· Gives you total control over how this plugin minifies your scripts
· Supports script localization (wp_localize_script())
· Supports RTL stylesheets
· Supports media-specific stylesheets (e.g. 'screen', 'print', etc.)
· Supports conditional stylesheets
· Provides hooks for further customization
· WordPress Multi-site compatible (not tested with WPMU)
· WordPress 2.8 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a Flush cache button
· Split auto minify option into two options, auto minify js and auto minify css
· Added a new buster: theme version - thanks to Jon for the patch!
· Fixed a bug that broke minify strings if current port is not 80
· Fixed two bugs that broke minify strings when HTTPS is enabled
· Fixed wp_localize_script duplication issue
· Fixed media style duplication issue
· Fixed a deprecate notice caused by the use of print_scripts_l10n
· Fixed some script dependency issue when you choose to ignore certain scripts