iThemes Security 4.5.6
One of the best WordPress plugins to help webmasters in securing their WP sites against known vulnerabilities and hacking attempts
This plugin can aid administrators in fixing all their WP installation's problems, from login issues, to public folders, database backups, and up to the admin username itself.
There's a lot to tweak around with this plugin, providing features, settings, and security trinkets that not many WordPress webmasters know about. Yes, you might be surprised by the level of modifications and obscure bugs this plugins help you fix, but at the end of the day, you'll feel much safer than before installing this plugin.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Create a backup of you site before installing and using this plugin.
- Security site scanning tool
- Change WP admin URL
- IP banning
- Ban problematic bots
- Ban problematic user-agents
- Hide login errors
- Remove meta generator tags
- Remove RSD header information
- Remove Windows Live Write header information
- Remove WP version numbers from the code
- Remove update notifications from unauthorized users
- Changes the admin username
- Change admin username ID
- Change site-wide password policy
- Change WP database table prefix
- Change the path/name of the /wp-content folder
- Schedule database backups
- Log admin activity
- Brute force attack protection
- Block filesystem attacks
- Block database attacks
- Block file editing
- Add SSL support
- Multi-site support
- Apache, LiteSpeed, and NGINX support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.5.2
- New Feature:
- Temporarily whitelist your IP address via iThemes Sync
- Override proxy IP detection
- Hide admin bar (if desired)