It helps protect a standard WordPress installation.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Better WP Security":
· Ban individual IP addresses from the WordPress backend
· Remove generator tag
· Remove login error messages
· Change backend urls such as wp-login, wp-admin, and more
· Display a random version number to non administrative users anywhere version is used (often attached to plugin resources such as scripts and style sheets)
· Lockout host or user after too many invalid login attempts
· WordPress 3.5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed error message that could appear when creating backups.