The plugin is a replacement for the default WordPress background manager.
Adds lots of new useful features on top of the background manager, for supporting animations and effects for background images.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Background Manager":
· Integration with WordPress Media Library
· Full-screen background images
· Full control over position for images in normal display mode (tiling, positioning, scrolling and stretching)
· "Ease in" of a full-screen background image
· Multiple Image Sets to select a random image from
· Override the Image Set for each Post, Page or Custom post type
· User defined display interval between the background images (timed slideshow)
· Fade-in/fade-out effect between the different background images displayed
· Predefined background overlays
· Enable or disable the background images on the Front page, Error pages, Custom post types, etc.
· Optional thumbnail/information tab for the visitor to learn more about the background
· Import from various sources, like Flickr, NextGEN Gallery Plugin, WP Flickr Background Plugin
· WordPress 3.2.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Restored Pinterest button functionality.
· Addressed regression bug for MSIE 7 and MSIE 8, which also addressed initial "flash" on some browsers.