It shows single images and photo albums inside an overlayed modal window.
The plugin is based on the Auto Thickbox v.2.0.3 jQuery script.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Auto Thickbox Plus":
· Automatically applies ThickBox script to thumbnail images
· Write image links to images (img tag enclosed with link tag), and this plugin overlays (pops up) linked images.
· Pop-up effects are simple and fast compared to Lightbox and derivative scripts (no animation effects, no fancy design)
· Uses WordPress' built-in ThickBox library (no need to install the script and refer to it separately)
· Overlays (pops up) images in not "Gallery Images" but "Single Image" style
· Automatically also applies ThickBox to text links to images (text enclosed with link tag)
· Loads additional CSS file (ex. rounded corners in pop-up windows)
· Has Auto Thickbox Plus Options in 'Settings' menu (You can change the behavior of the above items)
· Supports BMP and WebP image formats
· WordPress 2.8 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Mobile beta support for small-screen devices such as iPhone, Android, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. This is experimental support so it may not work on some version of mobile browsers.
· Enhanced Auto Resize feature so that it works even when resizing browser window, even when showing iframe/ajax/inline content. Then, changed "Enabled" option to "Image/HTML" option at "General - Auto Resize" setting.
· "General - Mobile Support (beta)" setting that has "No Window Margin / No ThickBox" option and "Width/Height" option
· "View - Margin - Window (Image/HTML)" option