It will protect the blog from spam by replacing the comment field.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Antispam Bee":
· Anonymous and independent
· Allow comments only in certain language
· Consider comments which are already marked as spam
· Dashboard History Stats
· Block comments and pings from specific countries
· WordPress 3.x ready: Design as well as technical
· Optional strict check for incoming comments
· Email notifications about new spam comments
· Trackback and pingback check
· Spam counter on dashboard
· Quick & Dirty: activate, set settings, done!
· Spam may be marked or deleted immediately
· Automatically cleanup the spam folder
· Saves no data in the database
· Accordingly no outgoing connection
· Very, very fast execution
· No need to adjust any templates
· Clean up after uninstall the plugin
· WordPress 3 or higher
· PHP 5.1.2 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Optional logfile with spam entries e.g. for Fail2Ban.
· Filter antispam_bee_notification_subject for a custom subject in notifications.