"Announce from the Dashboard" allows administrators to create, edit, manage and display announcements in the WP backend dashboard page.
These messages can be set to be visible only for certain user groups, enabling a reliable method of publishing private site-wide updates for one or more user groups.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Announce from the Dashboard":
· Multiple message levels (error-red, normal-grey, update-yellow)
· Show a message inside a dashboard widget
· Rich text editing for the message's body
· General page under the settings screen to manage the announcements
· WordPress 3.4.2 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· View to metabox.