The comments detected by the plugin as spam can be reviewed on the Comments administration page.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "Akismet":
· A comment status history
· Links are highlighted in the comment body
· If the web host is unable to reach Akismet's servers, the plugin will automatically retry when the connection is back up
· Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user
· Spam and Unspam reports now include more information, to help improve accuracy
· WordPress 3 or higher
· WordPress.com API key
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Prevent retry scheduling problems on sites where wp_cron is misbehaving
· Preload mshot previews
· Modernize the widget code
· Fix a bug where comments were not held for moderation during an error condition
· Improve the UX and display when comments are temporarily held due to an error
· Make the Check For Spam button force a retry when comments are held due to an error
· Handle errors caused by an invalid key
· Don't retry comments that are too old