Admin Menu Editor 1.4.1
A WordPress plugin for letting the user manually edit the dashboard menu
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Sort menu items via drag & drop.
- Move a menu item to a different submenu via cut & paste.
- Edit any existing menu - change the title, access rights, menu icon and so on. Note that you can't lower the required access rights, but you can change them to be more restrictive.
- Hide/show any menu or menu item. A hidden menu is invisible to all users, including administrators.
- Create custom menus that point to any part of the Dashboard. For example, you could create a new menu leading directly to the "Pending comments" page.
Admin Menu Editor
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.4
- Added a special target page option: "< None >". It makes the selected menu item unclickable. This could be useful for creating menu headers and so on.
- Added a new menu editor colour scheme that's similar to the default WordPress admin colour scheme. Click the "Settings" button next to the menu editor page title to switch colour schemes.
- Fixed strange boxes showing up in the icon selector in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed duplicate top level menus mysteriously disappearing. Now the plugin will properly warn the user that all top level menus must have unique URLs.