The API lets the developer register callbacks for a number of events in the process of sendmail receiving a message via SMTP.
These events include the initial connection from a MTA, the envelope sender and recipients, the top level mail headers, and the message body.
There are options to mangle all of these components of the message as it passes through the milter.
Here are some key features of "Python Milter":
· Van DISCARD or REJECT spam based based on algorithms scripted in python rather than sendmail's cryptic "cf" language.
· Van alter or remove attachments from mail that are poisonous to Windows.
· Van scan for viruses and clean them when detected.
· Scan outgoing as well as incoming mail.
· Van add and delete recipients to forward or secretly copy mail.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added the Milter.test module for unit testing milters.
· Fixed a typo that prevented setsymlist from being active.