Some of these handlers are out-of-scope for the standard library, and so they are packaged separate in "logutils".
Here are some key features of "Logutils":
· Dictionary-based Configuration
· Configuring Libraries
· Working with queues
· Unit testing
· Working with Logger adapters
· Working with web sites
· A NullHandler for use when configuring logging for libraries
· An updated LoggerAdapter (used for adding contextual information to logs - more useful for subclassing than before)
· An updated HTTPHandler (used to send information to Web sites - adds secure and credentials options)
· Helpers for working with queues (QueueHandler, QueueListener)
· Helpers for working with unit tests (TestHandler, Matcher)
· Dictionary-based configuration as proposed in PEP 391.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved setup.py and documentation.