A set of handlers for the Python standard library’s logging package
Some of these handlers are out-of-scope for the standard library, and so they are packaged separate in "logutils".
- Useful for:
- Dictionary-based Configuration
- Configuring Libraries
- Working with queues
- Unit testing
- Working with Logger adapters
- Working with web sites
- Included packages:
- A NullHandler for use when configuring logging for libraries
- An updated LoggerAdapter (used for adding contextual information to logs - more useful for subclassing than before)
- An updated HTTPHandler (used to send information to Web sites - adds secure and credentials options)
- Helpers for working with queues (QueueHandler, QueueListener)
- Helpers for working with unit tests (TestHandler, Matcher)
- Dictionary-based configuration as proposed in PEP 391.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.3.1
- Improved setup.py and documentation.