It is a replacement and backwards compatible with Easy Install, and includes the easy_install command and the setuptools package.
It lets users easily manage Python packages on their system. It also adds the package management tool enpkg for installing, removing, updating, deactivating, activating, and listing eggs on the system.
Here are some key features of "Enstaller":
· Browse Python egg packages in any egg repository, including the Python Cheese Shop . The user can also browse the packages installed on their system.
· Download and install packages. Enstaller automatically resolves package dependencies to ensure that packages installed have everything they need in order to be used.
· Upgrade packages currently installed, along with their dependencies, as necessary.
· Remove packages which are no longer wanted.
· Deactivate and reactivate packages without removing them from the system.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Handle corrupted egginst info JSON file more gracefully, rather than crashing.