For Node.js environments, typogr.js is available through npm for installation.
A demo page is included with the typogr.js download package to help designers see how its rules are applied on a page's text.
- Wraps ampersands in HTML with so they can be styled with CSS
- Wraps initial quotes in for double quotes or for single quotes
- Wraps number suffix's in so they can be styled
- Paragraph widowing protection
- Dashes (“--” and “---”) into n-dash and m-dash entities (– | —)
- Three consecutive dots (“...”) into an ellipsis entity (…)
- Straight quotes ( " and ' '") into “curly” quote HTML entities (‘ | ’ | “ | ”)
- Backticks-style quotes (``like this''') into “curly” quote HTML entities (‘ | ’ | “ | ”)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.6.1
- Used the "scripts" block in the package.json (npm test works properly).
- Speed up widont regex.