Works with Node on the server side, or as a stand alone library in the browser (client side).
For Node.js environments, available through npm for installation.
A demo page is included with the download package, to see how these rules are applied on a page's text.
Here are some key features of "typogr.js":
- Wraps ampersands in HTML with so they can be styled with CSS
- Wraps initial quotes in for double quotes or for single quotes
- Wraps number suffix's in so they can be styled
- Straight quotes ( " and ' '") into “curly” quote HTML entities (‘ | ’ | “ | ”)
- Backticks-style quotes (``like this''') into “curly” quote HTML entities (‘ | ’ | “ | ”)
- Dashes (“--” and “---”) into n-dash and m-dash entities (– | —)
- Three consecutive dots (“...”) into an ellipsis entity (…)
- Paragraph widowing protection
- JafavScript enabled on client side
- Used the "scripts" block in the package.json (npm test works properly).
- Speed up widont regex.