It also includes a Administration Component, which is used to configure the editor functions, install new plugins and languages and manage user group profiles for individualised editing.
Here are some key features of "JCE Editor":
- Office-like functions and familiar buttons make formatting simple
- Upload, rename, delete, cut/copy/paste images and insert them into your articles using an intuitive and familiar interface
- Create Links to other Sections, Categories, Articles, Weblinks and Contacts¹ in your site using a unique and practical Link Browser
- Take control of your code with syntax highlighting in the Advanced Code editor and advanced style and element attribute editing
- Integrated Spellchecking using Google Spellchecker (or PSpell and ASpell)
- Loading language files on some systems where parse_ini_file is not available.
- Installation error in Joomla 1.5 when copying index.html files
- Editor Global Configuration is now stored in the JCE Editor Plugin paramters to prevent it being overwritten when saving Component options.
- Replace use of &version with &etag using file hash or version hash.
- Set etag header based on file hash on compressed files to improve browser caching.
- Style Formats widget to create custom options for the Styles list.
- Block Formats widget for setting / ordering Format options.
- Font Family widget for adding new fonts to the Font Family list.