The WebFM Drupal module uses AJAX to allow users to arrange files on the server in the same way they do with file managers on their personal systems.
This file manager is based on heirarchical directory structure unlike the traditional flat filesystem used to date. This ability to heirarchically arrange files greatly enhances the managability of large collections of data.
WebFM does not exclude the use of the upload.module or other modules that depend on the flat filesystem schema. WebFM uses the file_move and file_copy functions from file.inc.
- Application-like look and feel via AJAX
- Permissions by role and file uid
- Drag and drop moves of files and directories
- Attachment of files to multiple nodes - location independence allows dir restructuring to have no affect on attachment functionality
- Drag and drop attachment ordering
- Single file upload with version options for file overwrite
- File delete/rename/view/download-file/add-to-db/remove-from-db/attach/detach/metadata/permissions
- Directory create/rename/delete/add-files-to-db/add-files-recursive-to-db
- Secure file view/download
- Metadata editor (fixed fields at this time)
- File search
- Views support for WebFM attachments
- Unzip the archive and copy the 'webfm' directory to your modules directory (ie:/sites/all/modules). Alternatively copy the tarball to the module directory if you can unzip it on the server.
- Enable the module on Drupal's admin/modules page. An install file updates the database with the necessary table additions.
· Drupal 4.7.x or later.