It allows any number of plug-ins defining new event types or subscription types or a different user interface.
The package consists on a main notifications engine, which is a lightweight module handling just the basic event processing and message queueing and delivery and half dozen plug-in modules which add several event and subscription types and a simple UI.
- Pluggable subscription types. Currently included:
Content subscriptions: thread (node), author (user), content type
Taxonomy: subscriptions to taxonomy tags
Organic Groups: basic group subscriptions
FeedAPI: subscriptions to feed updates
- Event and message queueing, fully scalable and configurable
- Pluggable event types. Some plug-ins included for node and comments, but more may be defined
- Mixed subscription types. The engine supports any combination and any number of conditions for defining a user subscription of author x content x type x tag x group...
- Pluggable user interface. A UI module is provided but it can be disabled and replaced by a custom UI module
- Uses token module for message composition and text replacement. Thus it supports pluggable tokens
- Unpack in your modules folder (usually /sites/all/modules/) and enable under Administer > Site Building > Modules.
· Drupal 5.x/6.x
· Drupal Messaging Module
· Drupal Token Module