Using a CAPTCHA module in addition to this module is highly recommended to block automated spam bots.
Unpack in your modules folder (usually /sites/all/modules/) and enable under Administer > Site Building > Modules.
Here are some key features of "Inline Registration":
· Adds user_register() form to node/add pages if the user is not logged in
· Associates the new piece of content with the new user
· Can log the user in after node creation depending on user registration settings
· Drupal 5.x
· Content is published before validation of email address (i.e. user is not required to click on link in email)
· At the moment, applies to all node types (should allow configuration based on node type)
· Currently forces user to register or login, doesn't allow the use case where an anonymous user might still be able to post content without logging in