The module also includes the advanced file browser/manager utility, CKFinder.
Unpack in your modules folder (usually /sites/all/modules/) and enable under Administer > Site Building > Modules.
CKEditor can be downloaded for stand-alone usage from here.
CKFinder can be downloaded for stand-alone usage from here.
Here are some key features of "CKEditor for Drupal":
· Easy to install and upgrade Drupal module.
· Configuration integrated into the administration pages of Drupal.
· Simple drag and drop toolbar customization.
· Dedicated support is included.
· Integration with CKFinder, an advanced file browser and uploader.
· Editor functionality can be extended with dedicated modules, like CKEditor Link or CKEditor SWF.
· Always up-to-date with the latest CKEditor releases.
· Drupal 6.x/7.x
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Checking if a file "contents.css" exists.
· Disable plugins which not exists and are stored in ckeditor profiles.
· Wrong path to plugins stored in database.
· Move skin selection option to CKEditor Global Profile.
· Remove "Skin" and "Toolbar state on startup" options from user profile.