It gives the programmer the core CRUD functionality, but also support for before_create and after_create callbacks and table name guessing.
This class will try to guess the name of the table to use, by guessing the plural of the class name.
If the table name isn't the plural and the admin will need to set it to something else, just declare the $table instance variable and set it to the table name.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed Composer support. Great system, CI makes it difficult to use for MY_ classes
· Fixed up all problems with callbacks and consolidated into single trigger method
· Added support for relationships
· Added built-in timestamp observers
· The DB connection can now be manually set with $this->_db, rather than relying on the $active_group
· Callbacks can also now take parameters when setting in callback array
· Added support for column serialisation
· Added support for protected attributes
· Added a truncate() method