Inspired by similar solutions like Facebox and Fancybox, it allows developers to present content in a floating window above the page.
A working demo is included with the download package.
Here are some key features of "facyBox":
· Faster page load (does the heavy lifting when a facybox is opened and not at startup)
· Smaller file size (smaller code + minified using YUI)
· Locally testable (does not require you to host a server just to try locally)
· Gallery mode available
· Useable as modal dialog (additional mode that does not allow users to dismiss the box)
· Clean separation between JS/CSS (no images/styles inside JS)
· Separate centralize method to re-center the facybox externally
· No need to edit CSS (paths are set to images/facybox instead of /facybox)
· afterClose event is fired
· Caption below picture for Galleries
· New loading image
· If Content is smaller then Browser's Height, centralize vertically
· Improved MSIE support
· Image galleries
· AJAX retrieved content
· Inline HTML
· jQuery 1.2.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added facybox_urls.css to demo.