Fresco can be used in showing content above the rest of the page, surrounded by a darker overlay.
Licenced under a duplicate licensing model (free and commercial), Fresco allows developers to get a taste of a real premium modal lightbox script for free.
Here are some key features of "Fresco":
· Support for showing images
· Support for gallery sets
· Support for zoom effects in case the image is bigger than the modal/viewport
· Support for YouTube videos
· Support for Vimeo videos
· Support for HTML 5 videos
· Support for caption text
· Cross-browser tested
· HTML 5 ready
· Responsive design, mobile device friendly
· Retina support
· Support for touch events
· Keyboard shortcuts
· Configurable overlay
· Online documentation with lots of examples
· jQuery 1.4.4 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved performance on touch devices (faster swiping). Content is now preloaded in sets of 10 instead of preloading on each swipe.