Create own map server on your site with RiMap. RiMap plots interactive street maps of USA cities, towns and villages. Script uses data from Census TIGER/Line files, converted into own binary format.
You can plot different layers of data and add your own data to be plotted over created image. Script can be used in connection with store locator or on real estate site to show location of your stores or available property to your customers.
RiMap is written in Perl and does not require any external GIS software, therefore it can be used practically on any webserver and you can easily modify it or add new features.
- Script plots US highways, state highways, local roads, railroads, rivers and shoreline of oceans, lakes and big rivers.
- Some area features (like rivers, lakes, parks or forests) can be shaded with different colors.
- Zooming and paning function.
- Street labels are attached to streets.
- Labels for schools, parks, cemeteries, airports, hospitals, lakes and churches can be displayed (not in free version).
- Maps can be created for given geographical coordinates (in free version) and for city, ZIP-code or exact street address (in paid version).
- Data layers can be turned ON/OFF.
- Configurable color schemes.