This script provides you a complete student tracking, reporting and information management system.
ClaSS extends the reach of traditional systems by using the latest in web-application methodologies to include the whole school community.
ClaSS aims to be the ubiquitous classroom information assistant for schools.
By placing at the disposal of teaching staff the wealth of information traditionally horded in management databases and spreadsheets, it encourages early intervention in the learning process based on authoritative data. Speeding the recording of data and freeing staff from the duplication of administrative effort, it brings ease, efficiency, and immediacy to all the information processes in a school.
A single installation of ClaSS on a web-server allows access to the system for all staff from the classroom, office, or home. All that is necessary for access is a networked PC (running ANY operating system) loaded with the web-browser Firefox. This provides a single point of access to all information and functions (dependent on access permissions) through a unified and easy to learn web-based user-interface. InfoBook
- search facility for individual and student groups
- single-page student profile provides a snapshot and a point of entry to all of an individual student's information
- generic tables for customised supplementary information such as prizes, activities, background circumstances etc.
- a dedicated section for students with special educational needs (SEN)
- parental contact information and addresses ordered by priority and with links to siblings
- extensive supporting information including first and second languages, nationality, etc.
- area for posting staff comments (or referrals) to record praise and concerns, organised by categories
- area for recording incidents with automatic generation of email alerts to the responsible staff
- access to an archive of printed reports for each student
- tracking table of academic assessment grades provides a snapsot of current cross-curricular performance
- personalised view of teaching classes and class-lists
- alternate views by subject or course for the staff with relevant responsibilities
- spreadsheet-style display of marks and grades for individual or multiple classes of students
- a simple set of functions to operate on columns including averaging, summing, levelling, ranking and copying
- the export of marks to csv files for import into a spreadsheet when more sophisticated analysis is needed
- a simple but sophisticated hide/show tool to manage the display of large numbers of mark columns
- a core set of grading schemes and mark-types predefined by each curriculum pack
- tools to construct user-defined mark-types, grading schemes and levelling boundaries
- a one-click short-cut to view cross-curricular tracking assessments for an individual student
- flagging of SEN students and one-click access to their individual profile
- highlighting of students with recent concerns and one-click posting of new comments and incidents
- linking of mark columns to predefined assessment grades for tracking and reporting
- special columns for editing and viewing subject reports to parents
- auto-generation of columns in the MarkBook for assessment grades and subject reports
- overviews of assessment grades for students grouped by year or form
- averaging and statistics for assessment grades by subject or type of assessment
- a bank of customisable report templates for formating the the presentation of subject reports to parents
- a tool to collate and print subject reports to parents individually, by form-group, or by course
- a tool to collate and print comments and incidents during a chosen period, again by subject, by form-group or by year-group
- personalised user profiles based on roles and work-levels for experience
- multi-lingual user-interface (currently includes French, German and Spanish)
- fine-grained permissions to match staff responsibilities to tier access to information
- log-in authentication using encrypted passwords stored in the database, limited life-time sessions, encrypted cookies and an IP-address check
- history logging of user access
- file import tool for staff, student and parental data
- plug-in 'Curriculum Packs' to define courses and subjects for the curriculums of different educational systems and age ranges
- start-of-year functions to generate the curriculum structure, teaching classes, and to populate class-lists with students
- user-defined student communities for grouping students for any purpose from course enrollment to extra-curricular trips and activities
- sophisticated system of cohorts for enrolling students in courses
- simple tools for managing memebership of pastoral and curriculum groups _uacct = "UA-850386-1";urchinTracker();